Join us for our “Taste of the World” Art Exhibition, bringing you some of the best emerging artists from around the world. The exhibit will take you on a tour; showcasing original, contemporary paintings, paired with a sneak-peak into the lives of the creating artists.
Combined with the “Art on a Postcard” charity event, benefitting Creativity Explored, this is an event you do not want to miss! You will leave, feeling uplifted and inspired. Artists invite us to open our minds and our hearts. Together, through art, we can make a difference.
The stories behind the artwork
The curator, Bouwien Luppes, visited each artist featured in this exhibit, in person, allowing the viewer to learn more about the artist, their inspirations and what drives them. Excerpts of the blogs, written about those visits, are depicted alongside the artist’s work, resulting in an intimate exhibit.
Featured international artists
- Magdalena Morey from Spain,
- Bea Garding Schubert from Germany,
- Joaquim Lourenço from Portugal,
- Janet Timmerije from The Netherlands,
- Julie Edwards from the United Kingdom,
- Urban-Artist PeeJay from The Netherlands,
- Arngrim Larsen from Sweden,
- Claudia Limacher from Switzerland,
- Charley Jones, from Colombia, and last but not least,
- Shulka from San Francisco, CA.
Each of the artists has between 2-5 works in the exhibit and all of them have donated towards the “Art on a Postcard” charity event.
Where and when
- Where: Back to the Picture Gallery, 934 Valencia St. San Francisco, California
- When: May 26 – June 24, 2018
- Opening Reception: Saturday, May 26 starting at 6:00 PM
We hope to see you there!