ARTISTOur artists are hand-picked and come from all over the world.
Focussed on emerging and mid-career artists, we value quality, potential, and originality of their work.
Style: Contemporary Abstract
Contemporary abstract artist Christa Haack
Born in Germany, Christa Haack has lived all over Europe in her lifetime. And as she's lived in various countries, she studied art. Like in Paris (France), London (UK), and Bad Reichenhall (Germany). Nowadays, she resides and works in Freiburg (Southern Germany) as a freelance artist specializing in contemporary abstract artwork.
“My paintings consist of several layers of paint. I like to give my imagination free rein and let paint find its own way." As she experiments with subjects, colours and compositions, Christa's work is a combination of control and free creative processes.”
Christa has received a few prestigious nominations, like Palm Art Award in 2014 and 2015, and the Kitz Art Award in 2015.
Meet the Artist
We will visit Christa in her studio in Freiburg, Germany this Spring. A "Meet the Artist" blog will follow soon thereafter. For now, we trust you'll enjoy the works we have curated for our collection.
Love her style, but cannot find exactly what you are looking for? Christa loves to create a special piece for you. Send us an email and we will connect you with Christa.
Freiburg (Germany) based artist, Christa HaackChrista Haack has always had a love for art. And as her life took her to a variety of countries, she studied art wherever she went: 1988-1989: Art History at the "Union Central des Arts Decoratifs" in Paris, France 2003 - 2006: Art Studies/Painting at the Hampstead School of Art/ Kings College Campus in London, UK 2006 - present: Regular art studies at the renowned State Art Academy in Bad Reichenhall, Germany Haack was a Lecturer at the Abstract Art Academy and a juror at the AAA in Freiburg (Germany) and London (UK).
Exhibition historyChrista has an extensive history of being included in a variety of exhibitions throughout Europe. Below we only list the last couple of years.
- Art Innsbruck, Innsbruck (Austria)
- Villa Berberich, Bad Säckingen (Germany)
- Sparkasse Emmendigen, Abstract Art Academy (Germany)
- Gallery Art Innovation, Innsbruck (Austria)
- Kunst in Szene, Freiburg/Herdern
- Art Salzburg, Salzburg (Austria)
- Galerie “Ewa-Helena”, Hamburg (Germany)
- ARTisani, Frödenberg-Unna (Germany)
- Galerie Uniklinik, Freiburg (Germany)
- Artconnection, Aachen (Germany)
- Art Salon Q3, Sassnitz (Germany)
- Art Salzburg, Salzburg (Austria)
- Kunst in Szene, Freiburg (Germany)
- ART'PUL, Pulheim (Germany)
- Berliner Liste, Berlin (Germany)
- Levantehaus, Hamburg (Germany)
- "Villa Berberich”, Bad Säckingen (Germany)
- Gallery "Art Atelier 21”, Böblingen (Germany)
- Art Space Gallery, New York (USA)
- 21.Art Innsbruck, Innsbruck (Austria)
- Abstract-Art-Academy, Freiburg (Germany)
- Galerie Zeitkunst, Baden Baden (Germany)
- Artistes du Monde, Cannes (France)
- Gallery M. Beck, Homburg/Saar (Germany)
- Kunst in Szene, Freiburg/Herdern (Germany)
A contemporary abstract artist working in acrylics, I am inspired by the natural beauty around me. My goal is to capture the mood of the moment on canvas, whether in an entirely abstract painting or in my abstracted interpretation of a natural scene. My work reflects my love of colour and the interplay of light and texture.
Although my work is abstract, it elicits emotional responses from viewers and is frequently described as "beautiful". My paintings may, at times, be subtle and at other times bold and vibrant. Strong composition, visual texture, bold use of colour and trusting my intuition, are some of the elements I employ as I explore the possibilities of my blank canvas.
Follow Christa Haack
Showing 10–10 of 10 results